Play with Math!
Get ready for a new way to learn—and enjoy—math!
Math Lab for Kids shares more than 50 hands-on activities that make learning about math fun by drawing and building shapes, solving puzzles, and playing games.
- Geometry and Topology—build, draw, and transform shapes. Play with prisms, antiprisms, Platonic solids, Möbius strips, and squeezable, squishable shapes.
- Maps—color like a mathematician. Discover how to fill in maps with the fewest number of colors possible.
- Curves and Fractals—stitch, draw, and create.Make curves using only straight lines, and repeat shapes to create fantastic fractals.
- Tangrams, Toothpick Puzzles, and Nim—play, solve, and win. Learn to play—and discover strategies to solve and win—these time-honored brain teasers and games.
- Graph Theory—make connections. Explore how points and edges are interconnected by drawing graphs.
Everything you need to complete the activities can be found in this book or around your house.
Open Math Lab for Kids and start exploring the exciting world of math!